COVID-19 Volunteer Guidelines
As COVID-19 continues to impact our community and our close loved ones, Meals on Wheels has revised and updated our COVID-19 Volunteer Guidelines. Please take a moment to review the new guidelines.
- Masks are continually enforced for both staff and volunteers. Masks are required during service.
- Hand Washing – Please wash your hands upon arrival BEFORE signing in. Hand washing should last at least 20 seconds under warm water.
- Deep Cleaning – Meals on Wheels staff is continuously doing deep cleanings at all of our volunteer locations.
- Eliminating Handshakes and Hugs – Sorry. Elbow bumps are welcomed!
- Social Distancing – Accommodations are in place to allow volunteers to perform their duties with reasonable social distancing.
- Stay Protected – Hand sanitizer is available at the front desk and in the volunteer room. We also have masks available for volunteers at the front desk. If you don’t have one, please be sure to pick up one at the front desk as you check in. At the end of your shift, please properly dispose of your mask or take it with you.
- Stay Healthy – If you are feeling under the weather, we ask that you cancel your registration and come back and visit us when you feel better. You can cancel your shift through the volunteer portal. If cancellation is within 24 hours of your service, please be sure to cancel on the portal AND call 513-244-0668. If you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 prior to 2 weeks of your volunteer event, we ask that you cancel service and reschedule.
Thank you for doing your part to keep your local seniors safe and healthy. If you have questions or need assistance, please call 513-244-0668.