We'd Be Nothing Without Our Volunteers.
And that's especially true these days as the coronavirus hits our senior community particularly hard.
EMERGENCY VOLUNTEER NEEDS
Volunteers are critical to our ability to keep seniors safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have immediate volunteer opportunities:
• Snack Packer: Sorts and organizes snack boxes for our seniors.
• Meal Maker: Preps and plates food.
• Substitute Driver: Completes 5 to 10 deliveries in one day to seniors’ homes. [Note: You drive your own vehicle and we ask that you bring a cooler to keep meals chilled.]
• Room Refresher: Organizes and sanitizes office space and refreshes supplies.
• Office Assistant: Performs data entry, conducts online research and similar tasks.
• HQ Improvement Team: Helps with fix-it projects around our headquarters.
• Special Event Volunteer: Assists with planning and staffing special events.
Here are three volunteer opportunities that aren't currently available but will be soon:
• Animal Ambassador: Scoops pet food into bags and attaches notes.
• Street Sidekick: Serves as a co-pilot for a substitute driver.
• Hospitality Helper: Expresses our gratitude to our drivers and kitchen team by serving grab-and-go breakfast items that we provide.
We appreciate your patience as we respond to the overwhelming (in the best way!) responses to volunteer. We promise we'll be in touch soon!
LOVE NOTES FOR SENIORS
Are your children (or employees!) at home and in need of a meaningful and fun activity? We are collecting cards, letters and drawings to let seniors know that people care about them during these challenging times. A few tips to make sure that your project is as impactful as possible:
- We love glitter and sparkles, but please try not to use it for these projects.
- Seniors sometimes have poor eyesight. Keep print large and avoid cursive.
- Do not sign the cards, not even with your school or company name. It confuses many of our senior clients.
- Please avoid irony, slang or puns. Think of kind, sincere, and joyful messages and images.
Please send your love notes to our office:2091 Radcliff Drive Attn: Love for Seniors Cincinnati, Ohio 45204
Cards, letters and drawings will be delivered by our Meal Delivery Associates.