We'd Be Nothing Without Our Volunteers
And that's especially true these days as the coronavirus hits our senior community particularly hard.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER NEEDS
Volunteers are critical to our ability to keep seniors safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have immediate volunteer opportunities:
- Snack Packer: Sort and organize snack boxes for our seniors.
- Substitute Driver: Complete 5 to 10 deliveries in one day to seniors’ homes. [Note: You drive your own vehicle, and we ask that you bring a cooler to keep meals chilled.
- Birthday Box Deliveries
: Deliver birthday boxes to seniors on Tuesdays, Thursdays and the last Saturday of every month. These birthday boxes include fun goodies such as birthday hats, noise makes, birthday cards and, of course, CAKE!
- Super Saturdays for Super Heroes: Volunteers are welcome the second Saturday of every month to help with the agency’s greatest needs. These weekend events are family friendly and can accommodate volunteers as young as age 5!
Here are a few volunteer opportunities that aren't currently available but will be soon:
- Friendly Visitor Program: Be a companion to one of your local seniors by visiting, making a phone call or even helping out at the grocery store.
- Street Sidekick: Serve as a co-pilot for a substitute driver. [This opportunity remains on hold due to COVID-19 in an effort to keep both our staff and volunteers safe!]
We appreciate your patience as we respond to the overwhelming (in the best way!) requests to volunteer. We promise we'll be in touch soon!
Everyone loves a birthday party—theirs, a loved one’s, a friend's. For us, we love to celebrate the birthdays of our seniors. That is why we created our Birthday Bonanza. We have volunteers create birthday boxes that contain a variety of goodies—cards and cupcakes, hats and horns, books and balloons—and then have more volunteers deliver them to the seniors around the time of their birthdays.
The seniors love, love, LOVE getting the birthday boxes, but the volunteers experience just as much joy as they share in the excitement and smiles of the seniors as they open the boxes. Special birthday boxes are created for our seniors who are 100 years old and older.
Packing the birthday boxes (or bags) is a great corporate activity, with employees each packing a box or two. Delivering the boxes is a great individual or small-group activity. We deliver several hundred birthday boxes to our seniors each month, so the need for packers and delivery drivers is great.
To learn more, coordinate a packing event or delivery time, contact Tammy Hitchcock at 513-244-0668.
LOVE NOTES FOR SENIORS
Are your children (or employees!) at home and in need of a meaningful and fun activity? We are collecting cards, letters and drawings to let seniors know that people care about them during these challenging times. A few tips to make sure that your project is as impactful as possible:
- We love glitter and sparkles, but please try not to use it for these projects.
- Seniors sometimes have poor eyesight. Keep print large and avoid cursive.
- Do not sign the cards, not even with your school or company name. It confuses many of our senior clients.
- Please avoid irony, slang or puns. Think of kind, sincere, and joyful messages and images.
Please send your love notes to our office:
2091 Radcliff Drive
Attn: Love for Seniors
Cincinnati, Ohio 45204
Cards, letters and drawings will be delivered by our Meal Delivery Associates.